There are many wonders found in Europe but very few are showcased as much as it should be. With the increase in the number of people wanting to travel, let us try to take a peek into the wonders Iceland has to offer if ever you intend to visit to make the trip worth your while.
Here are my "Top 5 Reasons why I want to Visit Iceland"
1. Aurora BorealisBetween September and April, this phenomenon occurs and is commonly called Northern Lights. It was named after the Roman goddess of dawn, Aurora, and the Greek name for the north wind, Boreas. These lights are formed by particles emitted by the sun during solar explosions that when it interacts with the Earth’s magnetic field, energy is released causing the luminous green streaks. For you to get a good look of this wonder, you would have to venture away from the light-pollution of the capital to have the best possible condition in seeing it.
2. CavingBecause of the location of this region, it has one of the most active volcanoes causing marvelous rock formations and is one of the very few places in the world which offers an experience of entering a magma chamber. This chamber has a ground space inside the volcano being equivalent to the size of three basketball courts. For safety reasons however, these are explored during different seasons.
3. Geothermal PoolsThe natural wonder that Iceland is abundant in is geothermal energy. Bathing in this naturally heated water has been a long tradition of the locals for both health and social purposes. Practicing good hygiene is strictly observed with these public pools. People are required to shower thoroughly with nothing on before entering the water to preserve it well. Despite this availability, there are still those who believes that swimming in the cold ocean also has health benefits.
4. Whale WatchingDue to the cold waters, a diverse marine life plays on the coast of Iceland. Because of this abundance, species of large marine mammals take advantage of this feeding ground making it a perfect spot to observe these creatures in their natural homes. The best time to marvel at them is during the summer months from April to September. You could see species of Cetacea such as Orca, Minke, Humpback, and Blue Whale; also, dolphins, harbor porpoises, seals, sharks, and various birds could also be seen depending on the season.
5. Exquisite Dining ExperienceWhat makes Iceland so great when it comes to food is its location. Because of the abundance of fresh water and the geothermal energy supplying fresh vegetables, you are in for a treat unlike any other. Recipes created by chefs are made of traditional ingredients injected into a modern dish where freshness and local seasonal ingredients are key to get that right taste. With fishing as the main source of livelihood for the locals, you are assured that high standards are implemented to ensure the day’s catch. They cater to everyone having specialist restaurants such as Indian, Korean, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, American, and even Filipino.
These are just some of the many reasons why a trip to Iceland would be worth every penny. Don’t take my word for it though. You have to be there to experience the wonder that it has to offer on so many levels.
Photo Credits: www.iceland.is/press-media/photos
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|