Photo Credit: Kirkjimmy | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sunset_las_americas_tenerife.JPG | Wikipedia Commons
Tenerife island is one of the largest and most populous islands of the seven Canary Islands in the Spanish archipelago. Dubbed as "island of eternal sunshine," it is known for its volcanic origins and its reddish dunes. Tenerife, being the most popular Canary Island has wonderful resorts, non-stop entertainment and vast, lovely beaches making it an exciting holiday destination.
If you want to spend the holidays to Tenerife, here are the sites and destinations you shouldn't miss.
Top 5 Must-see Destinations in Tenerife
1. Teide National ParkDominating the center of the island, Teide National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that rises at 3,718m (12,198ft) above sea level, making it Spain’s highest peak. Visitors can be taken above the crater of the 10-mile-wide volcanic crater with a cable car to enjoy a mezmerizing view of the Canarian achipelago.
2. Siam ParkThis is one of Tenerife's latest and biggest theme park where families could enjoy a wide array of adrenalin-pumping water activities.
3. Timanfaya Natural ParkAnother must-visit is the Timanfaya Natural Park. It is one of the must see places on this island. This large park is known for its red sands and geological structures formed by volcanoes.
4. Lovely BeachesNowadays, this island of eternal sunshine is better known as a chic destination of world-class beaches. There are several volcanic, black sand beaches, and many golden sand beaches along the southern cost. Playa Jardín, located near the city of Puerto de la Cruz, is one of the most visited black sand beaches on the island.
5. Santa Cruz de TenerifeIt is the second largest city in the Canary Islands and the main city on the island of Tenerife. When visiting Santa Cruz, one should not miss the main landmarks and attractions of the city, which include the Auditorio de Tenerife (Auditorium of Tenerife), the Santa Cruz Towers (Torres de Santa Cruz) and the Iglesia de la Concepción.
Tenerife is served by two airports, Tenerife North Airport and Tenerife South Airport, and is the tourism and economic centre of the archipelago. Planning a visit to Tenerife? Travel companies like Monster.travel offers an easy way to buy discount holidays and flights to destinations all over Europe & beyond!
Note: This was written by one of our writers.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|