Are you ready for the Giant Lantern Festival 2015?!
Known as "Christmas Capital of the Philippines," the City of San Fernando Pampanga once again brings us the annual Giant Lantern Festival 2015. Dubbed as "The Biggest, Brightest and Most Colorful Christmas Event in the Country," the Giant Lantern Festival or "Ligligang Parul", is set to happen on December 19, 2015 (Saturday) at Robinsons Starmills, Pampanga. It is a yearly competition of larger than life and extravagant Christmas lanterns in glittering and colorful lights, dancing in spectacular and kaleidoscopic patterns accompanied by lively Christmas songs participated by various barangays of San Fernando City, Pampanga.
GIANT LANTERN FESTIVAL 2015 Schedule of Events
Competition ProperDate: December 19, 2015
Time: 6:00 pm onwards
Venue: Robinsons Starmills Pampanga
December 20-21, 2015, 6:00 pm
Robinsons Starmills Pampanga
December 22, 2015, 6:00 pm
Essel Park, Telebastagan
December 23, 2015, 7:00 pm
December 24, 2015, 11:00 pm
San Fernando City Hall
December 26-17, 2015, 6:00 pm
December 25-30, 2015, 7:00 pm
January 1-6, 2016, 7:00 pm
Robinsons Starmill Pampanga
December 31, 2015, 6:00 pm
Giant Lantern Festival 2015 Participants
- Brgy. Dolores
- Brgy. San Juan
- Brgy. Sto. Nino
- Brgy. Sta. Lucia
- Brgy. Sindalan
- Brgy. San Jose
- Brgy. Del Pilar
- Brgy. San Nicolas
- Brgy. Telebastagan
- Brgy. Pandaras
- Brgy. Calulut
Did You Know?
- The local term for Giant Lantern Festival is "Ligligang Parul" which means Lantern Showdown.
- The San Fernando Lanterns have been used to light up the Cultural Center of the Philippines' main facade for the past five years.
- The Giant Lantern Festival has been recognized as one of the best tourism events in the Philippines.
- Robinsons Starmills Pampanga has been the official venue of the Giant Lantern Festival from 2008 to present.
- CNN featured the Giant Lantern Festival in 2013 and dubbed San Fernando City as Asia's Christmas Capital.
Giant Lantern Festival 2015 List of Winners
Here are the winners during the competition proper held last December 19, 2015 at Robinsons Starmills Pampanga.
Grand Champion: Barangay Dolores1st Runner-up: Barangay Del Pilar
2nd Runner-up: Barangay Sindalan
3rd Runner-up: Barangay Calulut
There is no better way but to celebrate this Yultide season by witnessing the Giant Lantern Festival 2015 in San Fernando City Pampanga!
Be sure to mark your calendars and save the date of the Giant Lantern Festival 2015! See you there!
Photo Credits: Rob Pinzon of Palibut.com
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|