Dubbed as the "Christmas Capital of the Philippines," San Fernando City's Giant Lantern Festival 2014 is set to happen on December 13, 2014 (Saturday) at Robinsons Starmills, Pampanga. Also known as "Ligligan Parul", it is a yearly competition of boisterous, larger than life and extravagant lanterns in glittering lights, spectacular colors and kaleidoscopic patterns accompanied by lively Christmas songs participated by various barangays in San Fernando City, Pampanga.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
- November 14, 2014 – January 4, 2015 - Giant Lantern Christmas Bazaar (Robinsons Starmills)
- December 1, 2014 (8:00 AM) - Unveiling Schedule of Activities and Launch of Giant Lantern Festival Website (City Hall Atrium)
- December 1-4, 2014 (6:00 PM onwards) - Judging of Inter-Village Lantern Competition (CSFP)
- December 5, 2014 (6:00 PM) - Inter School Lantern Parade Competition (Elementary & Highschool)
- December 13, 2014 (7:00 PM) Giant Lantern Festival Competition (Robinsons Starmills)
- December 13, 2014 (10:00 PM) - Giant Lantern Festival Street Party (Robinsons Starmills)
- December 15-23, 2014 (every night) - Lubenas (Poblacion Area)
- December 14-21, 2014 (6:00 PM) - Lantern Exhibition (Robinsons Starmills)
- December 22, 2014 (7:00 PM) - Lantern Exhibition (Telabastagan)
- December 23, 2014 (7:00 PM) - Lantern Exhibition (Greenfields, Sindalan)
- December 24, 2014 (11:00 PM) - Lantern Exhibition (Poblacion)
- December 25-27, 2014 and January 1-3, 2015 (7:00 PM) - Lantern Exhibition (Robinsons Starmills)
- December 27-28, 2014 - Lantern Exhibition (Marquee Mall)
The parol is a traditional handicraft of the Pampangueños, is an icon of the yuletide season and there is no better way but to celebrate this season in San Fernado City by witnessing Giant Lantern Festival 2014!
Be sure to mark your calendars and save the date of the Giant Lantern Festival 2014!
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|