Travellers and the general public are often disappointed with the condition in some of the public toilets in the Philippines. These public toilets are not limited to those on our tourism sites, they are also the ones provided by business establishments such as restaurants, fast food chains, shopping centers, supermarkets, public resorts, MRT and LRT stations, ports and airports, bus terminals, gasoline stations, among many others. Toilets that are unmaintained, dirty, lacks in supply of clean water, unsanitary and with broken facilities are big turn-offs to the general public. Well, who wants dirty and unsanitary toilets? I don't!
I've experienced some of the worst public toilets you could ever imagine. Here's a list of 5 dirtiest and ugliest toilets I've ever seen.
1. A toilet in a bus stationIt's unmaintained. There's no trash bin, the floor is wet and the water faucet is not working.
2. A toilet in a fast food chainA major turn off for me is to see unflushed toilet bowl. We should always bear in mind "as a courtesy to the next user, toilet must be flushed."
3. A toilet inside a small shopping mallThere's no toilet seat and the flush is not working.
4. A toilet inside a restaurantAgain, the toilet bowl was not flushed. The walls are dirty and it really smells so bad that I had to hold my breath while I was inside.
5. Toilet and shower area in a beach resortIt's a makeshift toilet and bath. There's a lot of holes in the wall, and I don't feel secured with its doors. It's full garbage inside of used shampoo and soap wrappers. It is not well maintained.
I've seen more shocking and worst public toilets than these, but I don't have photos to show.
These dirty and ugly public toilets should be replaced with cleaner and sanitary toilets. With this, I urge everyone to Join Domex Philippines' "One Million Clean Toilets Campaign" to Educate the Public on Basic Toilet Hygiene. For every pledge made, Domex donates Php 5 to Unicef's sanitation program.
What are you waiting for? Join the campaign and be an advocate for cleaner toilets!
NOTE: This is a sponsored post as part of the "One Million Clean Toilets Campaign" of Domex Philippines.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|