There are still so many things to do during rainy days. Don’t you think? At the onset of the rainy season in the Philippines last year, I wrote about the different activities that can be done and best enjoyed during the rainy season. It includes surfing, water activities such as rafting, kayaking and water tubing, swimming in hot springs, doing indoor sports, wake boarding and a culinary tour around the Philippines. Here's part 2 of some of my suggested places to visit and activities to do during this time of the year.
This article gives suggestions on the Top Activities in the Philippines During Rainy Season, Things to do During the Rainy Season in the Philippines, Fun Activities to Do in the Philippines During the Rainy Season, Places to Travel to During the Rainy Season and Tips on Travelling in the Philippines During The Rainy Season.
Top Things to do in the Philippines this Rainy Season
Sometimes, rains last for several days that outdoor activities are impossible to do. Why not enjoy a "staycation" at a nearby hotel or resort? This is a great way to have a quiet hideaway to rest your mind and body while enjoying the cold weather, the food and of course, the facilities of the hotel or resort.
- Serviced Residences and Condo Units for Rent in Metro Manila
- Budget Hotels and Hostels near NAIA
- Best Hotels and Resorts in Panglao Island Bohol
- Top Best Hotels and Resorts in Cebu
- Metro Manila Hotels with Amazing Rooftop Swimming Pools
- 8 Instagram-Worthy Boutique Hotels in Metro Manila
- Top Best Hotels and Resorts in Batangas
- Best Hotels in Baguio City
- Best Hotels and Resorts in Boracay Island
Looking for more staycation ideas?You may also check out my LIST OF HOTELS AND RESORTS for your "staycation adventure" this rainy season!
9. CHASING WATERFALLS
The best time to visit waterfalls is during the rainy season when the water is in full blast. But be careful in choosing which waterfalls to visit. I highly suggest that you visit those that are easily accessible and doesn't require you to hike or trek on deep ravines. Also, always be cautious when visiting a waterfall during heavy rains as it may result to flash floods.
Here are some of the most accessible waterfalls that I've been to:
- Ma. Christina Falls in Iligan City
- Mimbalut Falls in Iligan City
- Tinago Falls in Biliran
- 7 Waterfalls in Lake Sebu, South Cotabato
- Tinuy-an Falls in Bislig Surigao del Sur
- Kawa-kawa Falls in Sta. Cruz Marinduque
- Jawili Falls in Tangalan Aklan
- Maribina Falls in Bato Catanduanes
- Katibawasan Falls in Camiguin
- Hagimit Falls in Samal Island Davao del Norte
10. FOOD TRIPPING AND RESTAURANT HOPPING
Why not indulge on your favorite food? Order them from your favorite restaurant and have it delivered at your home. You may also consider restaurant hopping and visit different restaurants in one place offering a culinary adventure of Filipino dishes and cuisines influenced by a rich flavors from different countries. It's like traveling with your tummy in just one place!
You may check out my LIST OF FOOD TRIP DESTINATIONS AND SUGGESTED DISHES for your next food trip or restaurant hopping adventure.
11. VISIT A MUSEUM
Relieve our rich history or learn something new by visiting the museums. I'm sure, kids and adults alike will love this activity.
12. RELAX IN THE SPA
Have a rejuvenating massage, new manicure and pedicure, facial treatment or just relax at the sauna. A visit to the spa will surely give you an ultimate wellness and rejuvenation experience and the relaxation you deserve.
Checkout these spas that I've personally tried:
- Le Spa at Sofitel Manila
- Spa at Midori Hotel and Casino
- Kai Spa at Henann Regency Boracay
- Sea Tree Spa at Amorita Resort Bohol
- Citronelle Spa in Angeles City, Pampanga
- Soneva Spa in Quezon City
- The Oriental Spa in The Oriental Hotel Legazpi City, Albay
- Paruparong Bukid Nature Conservation Center in Babatngon, Leyte
- Islands Touch Chic Spa in Dumaguete City
Never let the rainy days stop you from traveling. Rainy season is also more fun in the Philippines! Tara! Let's enjoy the rainy season in the Philippines!
How about you? What are your favorite activities during rainy season?
This post was updated on October 15, 2016.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|