Don't fancy the idea of stag weekends which involve heinous over-consumption, in ever predictable cities in which you bump into other groups of stags sporting vomit-stained team T-shirts. This article provides ideas for a more civilised weekend break.
There Are Multiple Activities
The concept of a stag-do has become an incredibly loaded term in British culture, often carrying with it several negative connotations associated with debauched weekends of alcohol and vulgar behaviour. However, if the heavy stag weekend of booze and strippers isn't right up your street, this doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to enjoy a celebratory weekend with your closest friends and there are multiple activities available to make it an event to remember rather than to forget.
1. MarrakechIf you really want to engage in an alternative culture and have a fantastic weekend indulging in the sights and the smells of another country. As per www.redsevenleisure.co.uk a trip to Marrakech offers a stag weekend with a difference. The drinking culture in Marrakech is discrete and limited to a small amount of bars and hotels, which cater mostly for tourists, but the buzz and excitement of the city, is enough to keep you and your friends on your toes, exploring souqs, tanneries, old palaces, gardens and ruins.
2. Sailing Holidays In The MedHire a skipper to take you and your friends sailing in the Mediterranean or even closer to home. This is a great way to learn new skills and get some quality time together, enjoying sunshine and clear blue seas and because the boat is your own, you tailor the weekend exactly to your specifications.
3. Golf WeekendsGolfing stag weekends are a great way for friends to spend time together, engaging in a competitive activity all day which leads into friendly banter and bragging rights all through the evening. Furthermore, the great thing about golf is you can play it anywhere in the world, depending on how far you and your friends are willing to travel, how much sun you want and how much entertainment you are looking for in the neighbouring towns and cities.
4. BarcelonaIf you really want to combine a party weekend alongside some cultural activity and some interesting flavours, Barcelona may be the destination for you and your friends. With some of the finest architecture in the world, beach life and night life, the stag party need not stick out like a sore thumb.
5. Combine Your Stag With A FestivalDepending on the seasonality of stag weekends, it may be a great idea to try and combine the party with certain festivals around the world such as Carnival in Rio or La Tomatina in Bunol, Spain.
6. PaintballCombine paintball with any destination and it is sure to add some excitement and thrills to unforgettable stag weekends. Beware if you are the stag, you might find yourself heavily targeted, even by teammates.
NOTE: This is a post from one of our contributors. Any views expressed do not necessarily reflect the views on www.pinoyadventurista.com.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|