I spent Holy Week and Araw ng Kagitingan holidays (April 5-9, 2012) with my friend in 3 provinces of the Cordillera Region - Ifugao, Mt. Province and Kalinga, my 58th, 59th and 60th provinces! We also had a side trip in Tuguegarao and Peñablanca, Cagayan before we head back home to Manila. We had fun exploring these provinces, trying out the food, learning new things about its culture and meeting warm and accommodating people.
Here's a summary of the places we visited and the things we did on this 5-day trip:
- Walking tour around Banaue town
- Viewed Banaue Rice Terraces
- Stop over at Bay-yo Rice Terraces in Bontoc
- Viewed the Sugong hanging coffins, Lumiang Burial Caves and Kapay-aw Rice Terraces
- Spelunking at Sumaguing Cave
- Day hike at Mt. Ampacao
- Zip lining over Kapay-aw Rice Terraces
- Visited St. Mary the Virgin Church
- Trekked to Echo Valley and Hanging coffins
- Visiting the Ganduyan Museum
- Food trip at Salt and Pepper Diner, Yoghurt House and Vincent's Coffee and Grill
- Trying out Patupat rice delicacy
- Attempting to munch on some Momma
- Walking tour around Bontoc town
- Tour around the villages of Luplupa, Old Tinglayan and Ambato Legleg
- Meeting some of the remaining tattooed tribes women of Tinglayan
- Attending the Easter Sunday Mass
- Witnessing the Kalinga traditional dance held before a wedding
- Appreciating the majestic beauty of the "Sleeping Beauty"
- Spelunking at Callao Cave
- Crossing Buntun Bridge
- Visiting Tuguegarao Cathedral
- Munching on Pancit Batil Patung
That's it for now. More photos and detailed posts on these soon! Cheers! Check out my "#80PHL Challenge" for the list of provinces I've visited so far.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|